Off the field, Chris was named a 2-Time Academic All-American. He obtained his degree in Business Administration. Following college, Chris played years of professional football which led him to the next step. Chris always possessed a passion for helping people, motivating others, and being a guiding force of inspiration to others. These qualities helped Chris go in the direction of starting a career in the fitness industry.
Chris has been at the top of the fitness industry for over two decades. He has served at every level and in every position with just about every major player in the industry. Chris spent much of his tenure with 24 Hour Fitness during a time where the company rapidly expanded spearheading Chris' career at the same time. Chris became both Personal Trainer of the Year and the Fitness Manager of Year on 2 separate occasions with team 24. He also mentored numerous leaders that currently thrive in the industry to this day. Chris also spent time at Equinox during a company acquisition. This was a very strong point in Chris' career as a leader. During this time Chris grew business by 163% YOY growth as the Equinox leadership team took over Sports Club locations in California upon the financial and property acquisition of Sports Club INC. Chris also has spent time with turnaround companies like Velocity Sports Performance. In Chris' time at Velocity, he was mentored by UCLA strength and conditioning coach, Mike Lynn, Olympic training coach, Rhett Larson, and the founder of the organization, Loren Seagrave. Chris reported to the COO Mark deGorter and Velocity made some major headway back into the Performance Training community. During his tenure specifically, Chris helped secure a 6 million dollar national partnership in 2006 between Nike and Velocity sports performance. The agreement allowed Velocity to name each of their training locations as Official Nike Sparq facilities.
Additionally, Chris has a passion for training high level athletes including but not limited to Jelani McCoy, Ryan Forehan Kelley, D Metcalf, Ben Jarvis Green Ellis, and many, many others. Additionally, Chris' training partner when he was competing in sport was none other than one of the greatest Quarterbacks in the history of the NFL- CARSON PALMER. Chris is a driven, focused, and intense trainer who is a master at what he does. He specializes in sports performance movement and motivation for athletes. Chris gets the very best out of all those his works with.
Chris has strong relationships with strong names in the industry and has been mentored by the best of the best. Chris also often will outsource talent that he considers to be the best of the best in order to deliver what the client needs. The bottom line is CHRIS CARES about your health and fitness as much if not more than you ever will. His passion for seeing people as healthy as possible runs deep!
Chris has taken all of the years of excellence and experience in the fitness industry and has opened the most cutting edge fitness and training studio in Southern California and plans on growing it nationally. There is no one as intense or as talented as Chris Long in this industry. Chris makes certain each of his clients attain results. In his words, "if you decide to embark on this journey with us at Longevity, you better be ready to bring it!"
* BA in Business Administration and Exercise Science from University of San Diego
* Masters Degree in Performance and Sports Psychology from Capella University
* AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
* Bodybugg Calorie Management System Certification
* CPR Certification
* International Sports Sciences Assoc. - Personal Trainer Certification
* KETTLEBELL – Certified Kettlebell Instructor
* National Academy of Sports Medicine - Corrective Exercise Specialist
* National Academy of Sports Medicine - Certified Personal Trainer
* National Academy of Sports Medicine - Optimum Performance Certification
* National Academy of Sports Medicine - Sports Fitness Specialist
* National Exercise and Sports Trainers Assoc. Personal Fitness Trainer
* National Strength and Conditioning Assoc. - Certified Strength and ConditioningSpecialist®
* TRX Suspension Training – Certified TRX Instructor
* USA Weightlifting Certification